Friday, April 10, 2015

My Exclusive Photo Session with Queen Solomon Jewels

My Exclusive Photo Session 
with Queen Solomon Jewels

I was so enthusiastic working with Nadia Solomon-Dean of www.queensolomonjewels.com or #QSJ, an online #trendy accessory store stocked with the latest fashion accessories and jewelry. I enjoyed collaborating with Mrs. Solomon-Dean, because of her unique sense of style and knowledge of modern-day #fashion, plus the girl knows how to give #face... In this photo shoot, we showcased her #Spring 2015 “Christopher Wallace” Collection.

We scouted around for a few locations before deciding on using the southwest pavilion entrance in Brooklyn's Prospect Park. The shoot took place around 5ish in the evening just before sunset. I love shooting just before sunset.  The sun penetrates a warm glowing light, which is perfect for shooting #fashion style portraits. I decided to shot with my trusty Nikon D7100 camera (code name Nikki D) with my 18-140mm lens and Nikon SB-910 flash unit.  I can capture wide angle and close-ups shots with ease utilizing this combination of equipment.

For my first set, I positioned Nadia in front of the pavilion stairs.  I got down on my knees, angling upwards to give her a tall #statuesque look.


Next, I shot her head on #portrait style, getting  great detail of jewelry and with her giving me that #KimKardashian type look. Trust me this girl knows how to give face, #vogue!




Then, placing her scarf over her head and posed her in a #WonderWoman pose.


For the final set, using her matching fur headband, and with a pair of “I wear my sunglasses at night”, #80's style sunglasses, reflecting the setting sun. I was able to capture Mrs. Solomon-Dean in an 80’s style, popping my collar pose #priceless.


Overall, I shot around 100 images and came out with 10-12 great images.  The top 3 images will be featured on the QueenSolomonJewels.com website this April 2015.
Please check out www.queensolomonjewels.com for info on these and other stylish fashion accessories. Use code MCHAN for a 10% discount on any purchases made in the month of April.


Until the next post...
When you view an image with your heart it becomes true works of art.

1 comment: